This recipe is a hit with all my friends and family. Making the individual portions allow each person to customize their pizza to their own individual tastes. Plus, the kids love making their own pizzas. We usually put out a selection of toppings, including pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives, pineapple, and of course, that delicious New Mexican green Chile. These are also great with fresh mozzarella, basil and prosciutto for more of a gourmet style pizza. Your imagination is the limit.
THIS POST USES AFFILIATE LINKS TO SHARE THE STUFF WE LOVE!
4.25 cups all purpose flour
2.25 teaspoons instant yeast
1.5 teaspoons table salt
2 tablespoons olive oil + extra for brushing on dough
1.5 cups warm water
1. Combine flour, yeast and salt in food processor and pulse to combine. With processor running, add the olive oil and then water until the dough forms a ball.
2. Once dough has come together, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap.
3. Let dough rise until it’s doubled in size, about 1-1.5 hours.
4. Put pizza stone on grill grates and turn burners on high to warm up.
5. While grill is warming, portion dough into approximately six 6oz balls (this is the scale I use). Roll out each ball into a pizza shape. Brush the top side of each of the dough with a light coating of olive oil.
6. Once grill and pizza stone are warmed up, place one pizza at a time, oiled side down and grill until the bottom is lightly browned and the top has started to bubble.
7. Pull the pizza off the grill, with the cooked side up on the plate.
8. Spread your favorite pizza sauce on the cooked side (see this recipe for a homemade version). Spread shredded cheese and add other favorite toppings.
9. Bring pizza back to grill and place back on the pizza stone to finish cooking the bottom of the dough and to warm toppings and melt the cheese.
10. Take pizza off grill and let cool for a few minutes before using a pizza cutter to slice your pizza.
11. Enjoy your delicious pizza!!