6 oz saltines
1/8 tsp salt
10 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1(14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
4 large egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp grated lemon zest plus 1/2 cup juice (3 lemons)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup heavy cream, chilled
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. For the crust Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 350°F. Combine saltines in and salt in food processor and pulse to crumbs, about 15 pulses. Add melted butter and corn syrup and pulse until crumbs are broken down into oatmeal-size pieces, about 15 pulses.
2. Transfer saltine mixture to greased 9-inch pie plate. Using bottom of dry measuring cup, press crumbs into an even layer on bottom and sides of plate, using your hands to keep crumbs from spilling over plate edge. Place plate on baking sheet and bake until light golden brown and fragrant, 17-19 minutes.
3. For the filling Whisk condensed milk, egg yolks, cream, lemon zest and salt in bowl until fully combined. Whisk in lemon juice until completely incorporated.
4. With pie plate still on sheet, pour filling into crust (crust doesn’t need to be cool). Bake pie until edges are beginning to set but center still jiggles when shaken, 15-17 minutes. Place on wire rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate pie until fully chilled, about 4 hours.
5. For the topping Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip cream, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until foamy about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until stiff peaks form, 1-3 minutes. Spread whipped cream over top of pie.