I saw a post on Reddit that had these peanut butter bars made with only 4 ingredients and knew not only did I have to try and make them, but I needed to try and make them low carb as an alternative to desserts made with real sugar, as I have requests all of the time from co-workers that are looking for a healthier dessert option.The bars need to sit and cool once out of the oven, but when they do, they are a nice little treat, and super easy to make! This recipe can make 16-24 pieces depending on how big you cut them. This recipe can also be made with regular sugar and chocolate chips, just substitute what you want and use the same steps.
- 250g (1 cup) peanut butter, I used member’s mark natural peanut butter, but use whatever you have
- 1 large egg
- 101g (1/2 cup) Lakanto monkfruit sweetener
- 135g (9 tablespoons) Believe semi-sweet chocolate chips, separated, you could add more or less here depending on your preference
- Preheat oven to 325° and prepare an 8×8 baking pan with foil.
- Beat egg and monkfruit sweetener together until combined and fluffy, then mix in peanut butter and combine.
- Mix in 45g (3 tablespoons) of the believe chocolate chips.
- Put in baking pan and press the dough down evenly with the back of a measuring cup. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake on the top rack for 16-18 minutes. When right out of the oven, use a butter knife to swirl the chocolate.
- Let cool until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!