For anyone that’s trying to stay off processed sugar, you know that habits are hard to break. My son and I love a mug of hot cocoa on the cold nights while we watch TV. When trying to watch my carb intake, I stopped having the cocoa and I really missed it, so I found a great alternative and now make my own cocoa powder. Everyone’s tastes are different, so if you find the mixture not sweet enough, add more of the swerve. This recipe easily doubles to make a bigger batch.
- 5.25 ounce bag of coconut milk powder, I used this one, but found it at a local health store
- 77g (2.7 ounces) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 47g (1.65 ounces) Swerve confectioners sweetener
- 63g (2.25 ounces) Swerve granular sweetener
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Store in air tight container. The amounts above fit perfect in a pint size mason jar.
- To make hot cocoa, add 3-4 tablespoons (30g-40g), depending on taste, to a mug and add 240ml (8 ounces) of your preferred boiling liquid (I prefer almond milk, but also have enjoyed this with boiling water) and stir until combined. Top with your favorite no sugar added whipped cream or homemade low carb marshmallows and enjoy!