6 egg yolks
2 tbsp honey
1.5 tsp gelatin powder
14 oz can coconut milk
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp sugar or other sweetener
16 oz fresh fruit
2 tbsp apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine coconut flour, eggs, coconut oil and sweetener to food processor and pulse until dough forms.
- Remove dough from food processor and form into a ball and place in tart shell.
- Using your hand, spread the dough into the tart shell as even as possible on the bottom and up the sides.
- Using the tines of a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust before baking.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the shell is baking, whisk the honey and eggs together in a small bowl.
- In a sauce pan, over medium heat, warm the coconut milk.
- Add the gelatin powder and stir to dissolve.
- Once milk starts to simmer, slowly pour the eggs and honey into the pan, whisking constantly.
- Continue to whisk for 4-7 minutes while the mixture starts to thicken, then add the bananas. Keep whisking until the mixture resembles the texture of pudding.
- Remove off heat and add in the vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Let shell and pastry cream cool separately for 30-45 minutes.
- Once cool, spread the cream in the shell and smooth with a spatula.
- Place the fresh fruit on the pastry cream, using any design or pattern you choose.
- Once all the fruit has been placed, microwave the apricot preserves for 30-45 seconds until it is a syrup.
- Using a brush, brush the preserves syrup on top of the fruit to give the tart a glossy look.
- Put in the fridge to continue to set for a minimum of 1-2 hours before serving.