5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 ounces all-purpose flour or substitute 5 ounces gluten free flour
1 1/2 tablespoons espresso powder, optional
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 350° F. Grease muffin tin.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a sauce pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Whisk in cocoa powder and espresso powder if using it. Whisk until smooth and then set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt together in bowl until combined. Whisk the warm chocolate mix into the egg mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour until just combined.
- Using a portion scoop, fill muffin tins halfway full. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Let cool on wire rack until room temperature. Remove from pan and enjoy.