Fat Tuesday was last night, so my son and I decided to make Bananas Foster, which was incredibly delicious and easy to make. It only took about 10 minutes from start to finish. This recipe is easy to double as well.
- 2 peeled bananas and sliced in half, longwise
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 oz Dark Jamaican Rum, I used Myer’s
- Ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla ice cream to top
- Put brown sugar, butter, and pinch of salt in a skillet over medium heat until melted and combined.
- Add in the bananas and mix with the brown sugar and butter mixture, until the bananas are coated and warmed about 3-4 minutes.
- Important: Turn off the heat source on the oven before the next step! This will avoid the rum catching on fire when it is poured in.
- Pour the rum in the skillet and using a long lighter, light the rum in fire, and let the mixture flambe until the flame goes out.
- Spoon into bowl and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and top with vanilla ice cream.